The Builders Association Charity (BAC), the charitable arm of The Builders Association, has partnered with local non-profit STEP2 for the 5rd Annual Cottage Makeover. This program helps revitalize homes on STEP2’s campus being used by Reno-area women who are recovering from substance use disorders.
“It’s truly humbling to see the work of STEP2 and the women who are in recovery while working to reunite their families,” said Brian Cassidy, chairman of the Builders Association Charity. “The BAC/STEP2 partnership is a small, but vital part of creating a positive and enriching environment during the women’s journey to overcoming their addictions. We are proud of our members for continuing to play a role in the success of STEP2 and our community.”
Three local homebuilders, Di Loreto Homes, Ryder Homes and Toll Brothers, have each adopted a cottage on the STEP2 campus, and are committing their time, resources, materials and subcontractors to remodeling three transitional homes that were built nearly 20 years ago. Cottages range in size from one- to two-bedrooms.
SUBCONTRACTORS & OTHER SUPPORTERS
2022 MEDIA COVERAGE
- STEP2 prepares to unveil three new cottage makeovers as part of the 6th annual BAC2Gether via KOLO 8 News Now
- Brian Cassidy with Bill Schulz (aired on Alice 96.5 on June 16, 2022)
- Mari Hutchinson with Bill Schulz (aired on Alice 96.5 on June 8, 2022)
- Local Non-Profit ‘STEP2’ Holds ‘Bac2Gether’ Remodeling Demolition Event via 2 News
- Home builders to remodel cottages at STEP2 via KOLO 8 News Now
- Builders Association of Northern Nevada and STEP2 prepare for 6th Annual BAC2Gether cottage renovation via KOLO 8 News Now
2021 MEDIA COVERAGE
- Northern Nevada homebuilders unveil completion of STEP2 makeover via Northern Nevada Business Weekly
- Four local homebuilders partner for STEP2 cottage makeover via Northern Nevada Business Weekly
- Local Homebuilders Donate Time, Materials for STEP2 Campus Remodel via 2 News