Thank you for your interest in STEP2. There are many ways you can support our efforts to save lives and restore families.
- One Time or Recurring Financial Donation
- To make a grant from your Community Foundation Donor Advised Fund, call Lauren or Lyndsey at 775-333-5499 or go to nevadafund.org.
- Amazon Smile
- RoundUp App
- In-Kind Donation
- Join a Committee
- Be Our Ambassador
Current Funding Priorities
- Stepping into a Complete Campus Integration – Please join our efforts to build a Comprehensive Residential Facility on the existing Lighthouse Campus. This project will improve efficiency, program integration, and yield greater success. We are excited to report that The Nell J. Redfield Foundation has just given us a $1 million matching grant. From here on, every dollar given to this project will be matched by this generous foundation!
- This project adds a 20-bed residential housing component to the existing Mathewson Family Counseling Center and Transitional Cottages. The design vision of this new facility is to accommodate the everyday living needs of women and children in distress. The building is designed as a nurturing healing residence that includes dorm rooms, a commercial kitchen and outdoor spaces that are conducive to a therapeutic environment. This expansion will enhance the quality of service provided and further meet the demand of families in need.
- Housing for women and families in transition is severely lacking in our nation. In order to continue the treatment process we need to be sure that our families have a safe and sober place to live. Our Lighthouse campus has been a part of STEP2 for the last 15 years. Our 1, 2, and 3 bedroom homes provide a safe environment right on the STEP2 campus. We have been very lucky to have organizations that have been willing to help with costs of keeping these homes as comfortable as possible, but there are repair costs and general maintenance that needs to be done on our wonderful cottages in order to keep them around for the years to come.
- Transportation for our women can be an expensive undertaking. The cost of transportation included the maintenance on our three vehicles used for STEP2 purposes, bus passes, and a very small budget for taxis in case of emergency. When women have appointments or when they have found a job it is important that they have the ability to have some form of transportation.