STEP2 is a comprehensive residential and out-patient treatment program that provides women struggling to overcome substance abuse disorders, poverty, domestic violence and/or sexual assault/trauma the opportunity to rebuild their lives. STEP2 is the only program in northern Nevada that allows women to maintain custody of their children while participating in treatment. The result is self-sufficient healthy families.
- Annually, STEP2 approximately serves 250 women
- Approximately one in five women in our community has a substance abuse problem.
- STEP2 has a success rate of 54% as compared to the national success rate of 17%.
- Out of the women in STEP2’s programs, 70% have children.
- STEP2 employs over 20 full-time staff with the following licenses or certifications: Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed or Certified Substance Abuse Counselor, and Licensed Social Workers. Additionally, STEP2 contracts with a Physician and other medical providers.
STEP2 is proud to have received the following awards and recognition:
- Founding Member Award for the network for the Improvement of Addiction Treatment
- Community Champion Award from The Changing Point and Parent Teacher Aids
- Program of the Year from the Governor’s Commission on Substance Abuse Education, Prevention, Enforcement and Treatment
- Program of the Year from the Human Service Network
- Ferris Award from the United Way of Northern Nevada and the Sierra
- Silver Star Award from Truckee Meadows Tomorrow